Terms and Conditions
Terms, Conditions & Code of Conduct: San Jose State University mentorcommunity@sjsu
TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR PARTICIPANTS IN THE SJSU mentorcommunity@sjsu MENTORSHIP PROGRAM
On behalf of the students, faculty, and staff of San Jose State University (SJSU), we are grateful for the participation of our mentors and mentees. The mentorcommunity@sjsu (MC@SJSU) considers the records it maintains on students, faculty and staff of the University to be highly confidential. Some information maintained by MC@SJSU may also be subject to the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) or other protections. As a result, any infraction of this policy may result in investigative measures to determine the source of the violation and solution to resolve the matter, including, but not limited to, removing a mentor or mentee’s access to the MC@SJSU Online Portal and/or dismissal from the Mentorship Program.
Program participants must read and agree to comply with these Terms and Conditions in order to be eligible to participate in the MC@SJSU Mentorship program.
▪ Use of Confidential Information: Use of Confidential Information: I understand that all constituent information found in the MC@SJSU Program Online Portal is confidential and is to be used only for the legitimate purposes related to the MC@SJSU Mentorship Program. I will not share this information with others or seek to use it for any purposes unrelated to the program.
▪ Confidentiality: I understand that conversations with my mentor/mentee are subject to strict professional standards of confidentiality, as outlined in the MC@SJSU Program Code of Conduct.
▪ FERPA Federal Law: I understand that disclosing academic standing or grade information about my mentee to anyone without the mentee’s consent would be a violation of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), which is a Federal law that protects the privacy of student education records.
▪ Release, Waiver, Discharge and Covenant Not to Sue: I am participating in this program voluntarily, and I agree that I will not hold San Jose State University, its officers or agents liable for any injury that I may sustain in connection with my participation in the Mentorship Program. I hereby release, waive, discharge and promise not to sue San Jose State University, its trustees, officers, employees, and agents from any and all liability, claims, demands, actions and causes of action whatsoever for damages to my person or property arising from my participation in the Mentorship Program.
▪ Protection of Personally Identifying Information: MC@SJSU may disclose personally identifying information in response to a subpoena, court order or other governmental request, or as otherwise required or allowed by law. By using MC@SJSU Mentorship Program Online Portal, you consent to the disclosure of any information you supply. MC@SJSU takes all measures reasonably necessary to protect against the unauthorized access, use, alteration or destruction of personally identifying information obtained through the MC@SJSU Mentorship Program Online Portal.
▪ Terms and Conditions Changes: MC@SJSU encourages visitors to frequently check this page for any changes to these Terms and Conditions. Your continued participation in MC@SJSU Mentorship Program after any change in the Terms and Conditions for the program will constitute your acceptance of such change.
▪ Violation of Terms and Conditions: I understand that any violation of these Terms and Conditions is grounds for dismissal from the program.
▪ Reporting Violations: Please report any violations of these Terms and Conditions to email@example.com
I acknowledge and agree to these Terms and Conditions of being a participant in the Northwestern Network Mentorship Program.
CODE OF CONDUCT FOR PARTICIPANTS IN THE MC@SJSU MENTORSHIP PROGRAM
Thank you for serving as a volunteer for the mentorcommunity@sjsu Mentorship Program. Program participants must read and agree to comply with the Code of Conduct in order to be eligible to participate in MC@SJSU.
To help ensure that the mentorship experience is meaningful and productive for participants, it is important that you understand that as a participant, you are expected to commit to the following Code of Conduct:
▪ Appropriate Behavior: Any behavior deemed inconsistent with the goals and objectives of the program or that otherwise violates any applicable University policy, may result in removal from the Mentorship Program indefinitely.
▪ Meeting Commitment: You agree to promptly respond to requests for meetings from your mentor/mentee and carry out commitments that you make to meet with students or, if necessary, reschedule.
▪ Your Profile: You agree to promptly complete and maintain your online profile, including the times when you are available to meet with students or alumni and the types of meetings you are willing to undertake.
▪ Confidentiality: All interactions with your mentor/mentee should be treated as confidential, unless otherwise agreed to. Your conversations should never be repeated to outside parties, and information shared during your interactions or online exchanges must be kept between the two of you (or between participants in your Mentorship Circle). Any further disclosures of information about a participant should only be made with that participant’s consent.
▪ Using Program Resources: Familiarize yourself with the MC@SJSU Mentorship Program website and specifically the Resources Tab, which offers a number of different resources and materials to help you take full advantage of the program.
▪ Transportation Safety: If you drive your mentor/mentee in a car, you understand that you assume personal responsibility for the safety of yourself and your passengers. You understand that the University bears no liability for use of personal vehicles.
▪ Resignation: If and when you are no longer able to participate in the MC@SJSU Mentorship Program, you agree to alert the program administrator of this fact so that your profile can be removed from the online portal. Email the program administrator to be removed from the program.
▪ Appropriate Use of the Online Portal: The MC@SJSU Mentorship Program Online Portal contains personal alumni and student profiles and messaging functions. You agree to use these messaging functions only to post, send and receive messages containing material that is appropriate. By way of examples, you agree that when using the MC@SJSU Mentorship Program Online Portal you will not do certain things, including but not limited to the following:
A. Use the messaging functions to distribute or promote spam or any duplicative or unsolicited messages.
B. Harass, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights of others.
C. Post or distribute any inappropriate or obscene topic, material or information.
D. Harvest or otherwise collect information about others, including phone numbers and email addresses.
E. Create a false identity or profile for the purpose of misleading others. F. Interfere with or disrupt the service or networks connected to the service.
▪ Discrimination and Harassment: Program participants must agree to abide by the SJSU Policy on Discrimination and Harassment, which can be found on the SJSU website.
▪ Code of Conduct Changes: MC@SJSU encourages participants to frequently check this page for any changes to its Code of Conduct. Your continued participation in the Mentorship Program after any change in the Code of Conduct for the program will constitute your acceptance of such change.
▪ Violation of Code of Conduct: By joining the MC@SJSU Mentorship Program, you are agreeing to this Code of Conduct for the program. Any violations of the Code of Conduct may result in immediate dismissal from the program indefinitely.
▪ Report Violations: Please report any violations of the Code of Conduct to the program administrator to be removed from the program.
I acknowledge and agree to this Code of Conduct to be a participant in the mentorcommunity@sjsu Mentorship Program.